Chronicles of our quest to find something fun to do that is local and inexpensive or, dare I say, free!

Monday, April 9, 2012

What it's all about!

Hello Everyone!
After this wonderful weekend of sun, I realized how much my son and I have missed being outside, active, and social. We spent the last two days out and about, going to new places and doing new things, and we loved every minute of it! When writing a post for my other blog, I thought about how important it is to stay active, enjoy nature, and support your community. That is when I decided that I needed to make more of an effort to do these things. One way I thought of was to write a blog about our adventures in the great northwest and share our exploits with others, so that they can be more active as well.
Because I'm a teacher, and only work part-time at this point, it's important for us to find inexpensive, or even better, free activities and places to explore. So everything that you see on this blog will be cost effective, fun, and right in your own backyard (if you live in the Portland are of course). Also, I want to help support my community and local businesses, so you will see many featured here from time to time. I think that this will be a great way to keep me on my toes as well. If I know that I have to keep supplying interesting posts for my readers, I will be sure to keep the field trips coming! I want my son to appreciate the area we live in and the people that live in it, and I can't think of a better way to foster that, than to remind him of it as often as possible.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment