Chronicles of our quest to find something fun to do that is local and inexpensive or, dare I say, free!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seaside Trip

Hello all! I'm so sorry that it has been so long since I have updated you on our summer field trips. We have had such a fun and busy summer that I haven't been able to find a lot of time to sit down and write about our adventures. This trip was a weekend mini-vacation to Seaside, Or. taken the first weekend in July, to celebrate my nephew's birthday.

Our adventure began with the short walk from my sister's home to the historic Gilbert District (also known as the main strip). Once there, we met the party-goers at Fultano's pizza. This pizzeria is very large and holds many tables. Our large group had no problem finding space, even during the lunch rush. Many Oregon natives know Fultano's for their amazing pizza, but this location is extra special, as it is connected to a wonderful arcade filled with games and fun.

There were people of every age at the party, all of which were happy and entertained by all there was to do for hours on end. The pizza was delicious, and the games were inexpensive and ranged from adult themed or difficult, to toddler themed and quite easy.

Liam and his cousins, loved the change-powered cars and train. We lost many a-quarter in that part of the building. Funland also comes equipped with a prize counter similar to the ones at Chuck E Cheese and like establishments. But for the price, Funland seemed to have all those similar places beat!


After exhausting ourselves at the arcade and filling our bellies with yummy pizza, Liam, Joe, Alyssa, and I decided to take a walk to the beach, which is located less than two blocks from the restaurant. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and Liam had a wonderful time chasing the seagulls and throwing sand at his daddy. Alyssa and I enjoyed relaxing on the beach, people watching and soaking up the sun. By the time we left the beach, Liam was out cold.


Seaside is a wonderful family-friendly community that has many fun and exciting things to do. Almost everything is within walking distance of the downtown area, so travel and transportation won't be much of an issue if you decide to visit. Plan a trip if you enjoy the coast and don't want to be bored for a second!



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about Seaside to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete